Friday, June 18, 2021

Quitting

Up 'til now I've been mainly posting on Facebook, rather than scribing here on my blog. But that's about to change. I'm quitting Facebook, mainly because I got fed up with all the ads they plastered on my 'wall' or 'page' or whatever it's called. And there's no way to stop the ads. It's annoying. And intrusive. I've had enough, so, in future, I'll do my attacking of corrupt Tories and the stupidity of Brexit here, rather than in Facebook. But intrusive ads isn't the only reason for quitting, there's also their snooping. It's common knowledge that Facebook has become notorious for gathering data (information) about their global members and then using that data for commercial gain and/or political influence (Cambridge Analytica, Brexit, etc.). It's evolved into Big Brother and is exactly what George Orwell warned against.

In a way it's sad to be quitting FB because I'll miss keeping tabs on some of my old friends and family members. Not sure if they'll miss me though. My anti-Tory and pro-EU stance didn't please everyone! But, interestingly, there at last seems to be a very slight swing against the Liar's corrupt Tory charlatans as evidenced by yesterday's Chesham and Amersham byelection. It's been a safe Tory seat since 1974 and a Tory win was anticipated, but the LibDems won. Apparently people are losing faith in Liar Johnson. About time too! But Labour didn't do too well. Maybe a few Labour voters voted LibDem knowing that Labour didn't stand a chance. And maybe a few Tory voters voted LibDem to punish Liar for the Brexit catastrophe. Maybe this is the start of a LibDem revival and a Tory collapse. I hope so. That blue wall appears to be crumbling! 

CABAL! That's the word I've been wracking what's left of my grey matter to think of. Tory cabal.


2 comments:

  1. We need that blue wall to be crumbling......here in the UK we are fed up with Boris and the lies his government have told us, especially related to Covid.
    I agree the huge amount of adverts FB now carries......there seem to be more and more each day. I also stay on FB, but only to watch family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! Our feelings about FB and the elitist tossers that are running/ruining our country are aligned!
    I have found the information and experience of other followers in the FB group for second home owners very helpful but can't believe the snotty and downright rude comments that some people leave. What's wrong with these people ??!!
    I managed without FB until only a few years ago and am thinking of dumping it again.

    ReplyDelete