Friday, December 27, 2019

Valley stream

I appear to have survived Christmas. Geo and Don haven't though. They're both horizontal with food poisoning apparently. Geo reckons it may have been the sprouts. I'm not so sure 'cos I noshed bucket loads of 'em with no ill effects, apart from quietly passing wind into the sofa while watching telly. Geo said it wasn't quiet. Anyways, I reckon the alleged food poisoning may have been vaping. They both merrily puff away watching telly, totally denying it's poisonous and a killer. Covers up the aroma of my gaz de derrière though.

So, today, with both of 'em kaput and out of action, I nipped downtown for bread and bottled water then gave Hamish a walk down the bottom stream lane. Cor blimey, muddy or what! And the stream was in full flow. Gushing along. Seems only recently (August) it was almost bone dry. Stagnant. Now look at it. Took some snaps to contrast with August photo. It's a floody time of year. Big floods in Angleterre apparently. And down south in France. But we're okay up here in the hills. Water just drains off down the valleys. River Creuse is well up down in Felletin. Burst its banks in a few places. Which reminds me, my shoes leak. Timberlands. Crap items. Must remember to wear my proper shoes. Northampton-made Crockett & Jones's. Or Lowa boots. Pricey but worth it. Nowt worse than soggy feet when dogwalking. I digress. Ah well, there ye go.



4 comments:

  1. Great to see you're still alive and kicking …. or waddling around those beautiful valleys south of the N145.
    We once met briefly in the caff at Limoges airport.
    I think I'm you're longest serving follower. From back in the days when you ruffled a few feathers and got under a few sensitive skins on the Living France Forum.
    I'm in Bussiere Dunoise north of said N145. Only during the warmer months though.
    Happy New Year to You and Yours!
    .… Erm ….Where can I collect my long-service prize?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cor, buggaire-moi. Good to hear from you. Ah yes, I vaguely remember getting a bit of earache from some sensitive flowers on that Living France Forum. Earache was probably justified 'cos I ranted a bit too aggresively. Calmed down in my dotage though, apart from when someone mentions Boris bloody Johnson, the Tories and/or Brexshit. Oops, done it again.

      Delete
  2. We are 'down South' of France, and yes, we did have heavy floods as the warm rain melted the heavy snowfall up on the Pyrenees mountains, so the melted snow plus the heavy rainfall combined to produce one huge lot of water to be got rid of! Not to worry, our house stayed dry.

    Wishing you a belated Happy New Year for 2020, and hope you stay well, stay dry, and continue writing your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Merci. Hope you have a good year too. Floods now, droughts later. Funny old world.

      Delete