Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Autumn

Clocks have gone back. Evenings drawing in. Kitchen log burner back in action. Winter looms. Autumn colours abound. Trees are turning from greens to yellows, oranges, reds and browns. Rich colours. Up in the woods it's getting damper. And mistier. Carpeted with brown leaves. And out in the fields up Sprocket Hill I look up at the skies for a glimpse of cranes heading south. Haven't spotted any yet, but they're there, somewhere. Keep forgetting to take my camera. Always take my mobile phone though. Keep forgetting to switch it on. Comes in handy for taking snaps. Not as good as a camera, but better than nowt. Trouble is, when I spot something worth snapping, like a deer or a shaft of sunlight, it's gone by the time the mobile gets switched on, loaded up and turned to camera setting. Most annoying. Fine for doing leafy trees though. Well, when I say fine, I really mean verging on adequate. Colours need a bit of fiddling with computery jiggery pokery to add a bit of sparkle. Cheating maybe, but I call it artistic license. Fun and games. Keeps moi amused.


No comments:

Post a Comment